The project „P.R.I.D.E. Promoting Rights Inclusion Diversity and Education” was realized in the duration of 9 months from October 2019 to June 2020, coordinated by MAGNET and involving 7 European organisations.
It is supported by Erasmus Plus Programme of the European Union.
The aim of the project was to contribute to the effort of citizens and civil society organizations from Europe to address the needs of young LGBTQ+ people sustainably and with highly developed competencies and decrease bias and discrimination towards them.
Specific objectives of the project were to:
1. Build a set of specific competencies of 24 youth workers from 7 European countries for becoming trainers in non formal education with focus on the needs of young LGBTQ+ people. .
2. Provide mentorship to youth workers during the practice phase and expose them to concrete opportunities to act as trainers.
3. Measure the impact of follow-up activities done by formed trainers and to their professional profiles.
The main activity was the training for trainers from 16-24/02/2020 in Magnet House, Veliki Gaj, Serbia, followed by a practice phase in participants’ countries with young LGTQ+ people.
• 24 youth workers were trained to become trainers in non formal education with focus on the needs of young LGBTQ+ people – Indicator: 7 days training covers the topics of design and
implementation of NFE methodology, topic related sessions on how to recognize and get involved in concrete antidiscrimination actions, practical work of designing and delivering sessions, followed by a critical feedback by trainers and peers
• The participants involved in the project were empowered and equipped with competences to attend needs of young LGBTQ+ people in their local environments but also to understand the multiple disadvantages that they might face and consider these aspects when proposing and designing learning activities.
• 10 educational activities of a wide range of topics delivered by our trained youth workers in the practice phase, reaching each at least 120 LGBTQ+ young people directly
• Online toolkit on the achieved results by youth workers during their practice phase with working methods with LGBTQ+ young people.
Partners and countries involved:
Associação Azes Valboenses, Portugal
Go Free – Asociatia pentru Sprijinirea Societatii Civile, Romania
LEZBIJSKA ORGANIZACIJA RIJEKA LORIUDRUGE, Croatia
CITIZENS IN ACTION, Greece
CENTER FOR INTERCULTURAL DIALOGUE ASSOCIATION, The Republic of North Macedonia
Ligue de l’Enseignement Nouvelle Aquitaine, France
ARCIRAGAZZI PORTICI “Utopia Attanasio”, Italy
The target group: youth workers, active in the partner organisations. Many were themselves members of LGBTQ+ communities.